Friday, November 11, 2011

A Black Business Model

"When Did You Fall in Love with Hip-Hop?"

It has been awhile since my last post because...wait for it, wait for it...I have been busy WRITING my book! Now that I am officially settled into my new Harlem apartment, my 2 year old is in school, and all of our travel and guests have subsided, I am finding it much easier to focus. The result has been amazing! I knew I had some shit to say, but it is amazing to see it come together so brilliantly.

Taking a Page from Hip-Hop

In Brown Sugar, I believe, Sanaa Latham asked the question "When did you fall in love with Hip Hop?" For several reasons (all of which will be revealed in my book), my answer to that question is February 2010...now over a year later, my "lover's" bragadocious-ness has rubbed off on me. I feel like the "best that ever did it", I have fully embodied "The Muse" persona, and "everyday I'm entreprehustling."

Those of you who have been following my journey can understand how big a deal it is for me to write those words. I have been aware of my "greatness" for awhile, but I have been plagued by fear. Fortunately, I have always been able to act in spite of my fears, but the mental work it takes has been exhausting. I have finally come to a place where my mind is conditioned enough to jump off this mountain with the self-assuredness that my wings will expand and I will soar to unimaginable heights. And if my wind gear happens to fail, I have the wherewithal to get back up that mountain in a fraction of the time it took me the first go-round. So Fear can suck my proverbial d*ck, I was made for this!

Now back to the lab...lol.

-The Muse (circa 5/2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment